How to correct and notify the TIN failed employees to the ACAwise team?
81 views |
Last modified 12/30/2020 9:08:47 AM EST |
Added by ACAwise Team
Once you receive a notification from us, this is the process for reviewing, correcting, and notifying the ACAwise team about employees and their dependents with incorrect TINs.
- Sign in to ACAwise
- Click to view the dashboard of the selected business
- Select “Validation errors” and go to TIN results to review the errors
- Once you select the TIN results, a window appears on the screen that shows you the details of “Total No.of Employees and their dependents TIN passed and Failed status.”
- By clicking on the “TIN Failed” tab, you will find the failed members’ details and current status.
- To edit and update the correct TIN details, click on the edit button that appears on the right side under the Action.
- A pop-up menu provides the option to edit the TIN details for this member. (Note: If it is a dependent (type), you can update the correct name and DOB if SSN is unknown or incorrect. When addressing an employee(type), to avoid rejections from the IRS, it is a must to update with the correct name and SSN). Once you finish editing, click the “update” button.
- If you want to skip the TIN verification for any TIN failed member, you can click on the skipped TIN tab.
- To see the TIN log details of the member, click on the skip button under action.
- A pop-up menu will show a detailed TIN log of the particular member. (Note: Only 3 attempts can be made to edit and update the member TIN details)
- Once updated, click “Notify TIN changes” in the top right corner of the screen. Our team will be notified of the changes you made.
After receiving your response for a failed TIN, we will process your TIN Verification request and send it to the IRS.
Once we receive the IRS status update, we will notify you via email and continue to generate accurate 1094 and 1095 Forms.